2012年11月26日星期一

Night at Niagara Falls


This was another great trip to Niagara Falls. We had a lot of time to walk around the area and enjoyed the Christmas lights.

Niagara Falls, in my opinion, is not a grand sightseeing spot there. But here we feel local citizen’s respect to nature. A Chinese girl on the bus felt the same. We sat together and became friends.

The bus brought us to an outlet mall first. It is small, but I found a pair of boots. Shopping never bothers girls. For international students, this is considerate arrangement. Most of us don’t own cars. In such a large city with only a few malls, we don’t really have time and money to go far away to an outlet mall ourselves.

The weather was good for shooting. Though I took a lot of photos last time I came here, I couldn’t help shooting. We found more features of it. After that, we went to an attraction street for two hours and then came back for Christmas lights.

To be honest, the lights are normal to me. I even felt a little naïve. We even laughed for a while thinking that we came here particularly for these lights. They looked very low end. But suddenly we realized that these are all tax payers’ money. We lost in thought for a while. In China, we are used to government’s lavish expenditure. We enjoyed the great scenery produced by our government but never asked whether those were worth our money.

I can't say which style of government is better. Sometimes we did blame our government of using a lot of money to show off. But in reality we enjoyed the fantastic views as well.






In China, we don’t really have an entertainment street like this one. The facilities are separated. They seem to have different owner. We only pay for what we get. I love the buildings there. Though it’s really short, we enjoyed wondering around there.


Now I wonder how it looks like in winter. I heard that it snows. Will the whole fall be frozen? I guess not. Let's expect for a third trip there in winter.

没有评论:

发表评论