2012年12月2日星期日

First Snow in My Life




Having been in Hamilton for three months, I keep feeling homesick. I don't know whether it is because of the stronger and stronger festival atmosphere. Last night, waiting for bus in the snow, I felt really upset. I was not that prepared for being alone in such a cold weather.

I have never thought of seeing snow such far away from home. The distance is nearly half Earth. It was really cold outside. The wind blew the snow everywhere. Soon some cars were covered with a layer of snow. The trees looked exactly from what I saw in TV. Without bright lights, it felt a little lonely looking outside the bus, though we were in traffic jam. Compared to the snow on trees, the snow on the roadside was dirty. That reminded me of a description of locus in China, "It grows from mud but never gets dirty." It's more a dream than reality. The reality is here. Purity may get dirty, and will be washed away.

The first semester will end in two weeks. I learned a lot though writing is still torturing me. My poor vocabulary holds back the whole study progress. Once I wondered whether I should apply for master degrees. After a long talk with my cousin, I decided to try. It kept me busy.

I didn't pay much attention in study last month, because reading novels cost me lots of time. But reality is still ahead. It never waits for me, I know.

Time will tell.

没有评论:

发表评论